Link to Hompage
The Author Button - Main Navigation The Books Button - Main Navigation Video Button - Main Navigation Contact Button - Main Nagivation

Monday, August 3, 2009

New Obsessions

Louisa's Current Obsessions

Kitchen gadget: My new meat grinder attachment for my stand mixer. Oh, wow, is that thing fun! A little gross (okay, a lot gross) but fun. And the meat is noticeably more tender and less dry. My friend and kitchen co-conspirator, Meg, and I made a terrine of pork and veal last week, which is a whole other blog post (with video!) and we ground all our own meat for the stuffing.

Cocktail: Tom Collins. Add 2 oz. of gin (I like Tanqueray), 1 oz. of simple syrup, and the juice of one lemon to a cocktail shaker full of ice. Shake then strain into a tall glass of ice, top up with club soda or seltzer, and add a maraschino cherry (or two!) Delicious and refreshingly tart without being mouth-puckering or super strong. At least compared to my beloved Manhattans.

TV on DVD: Mad Men. We watched the first two seasons in less than a week. Sick, I know, but so freaking good. The characters suck you in, and even if you don't always like them, you're always fascinated by them. Peggy is by far my favorite character, although I'm consistently interested in Betty. John Hamm is sexy as hell playing Don Draper, but the character makes me a teeny bit nuts. However, Meg (who is even more obsessed than I am) made a Mad Men-style avatar for me! Here I am, drinking a martini in Betty's kitchen. What do you think, does the woman on the right look like me?

4 comments:

I've been thinking about getting the Madmen DVD's from Netflix, but the last thing I need right now is another distraction!

They ARE short seasons, only 13 eps each, but still. Danger, Will Robinson!

You watched season 2 over the weekend? You are my kind of crazy!

Also, that means I can finally say: "You will be amazed by how much this never happened." And, we need to discuss.

I do believe I spent several hours over the last year trying to convince you that you needed to watch Mad Men. (Okay, i'm sure I mentioned it once or twice at least) I LOVE that show.

I did my character too...I'm hot.

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Widget_logo
 

Home | The Author | The Books | News | Blog | Video | Contact

Copyright 2009 LouisaEdwards.com - All rights reserved.