Link to Hompage
The Author Button - Main Navigation The Books Button - Main Navigation Video Button - Main Navigation Contact Button - Main Nagivation

Monday, March 29, 2010

Current Obsessions

I'm at my own blog today, for once, but deep into my revisions, so this will have to be quick! I thought I'd do another post about things I can't get enough of right now...

Sweet Leaf Green Tea, with Mint & Honey I discovered this stuff while visiting my parents in Austin, TX. It's a local company, but available more and more places (although not in northern Ohio--sad!) I recently ordered a case from Amazon, that's how good it is. Lightly flavored, refreshing, not too cloyingly sweet--I'm going to be drinking these all summer long!

General Hospital
I've been watching GH since high school, off and on, and I'm so on again right now, it's not even funny. Like all soaps, it goes in cycles of how gripping and amazing it is, and it's on a definite upswing. It's doing a great job of sucking me into stories about teen date abuse, one of my favorite characters in the hospital (I know, actual hospital scenes! Crazy) and a new couple that just knocks my socks off. Whenever Lulu and Dominic are on the screen, there's a 50% chance that I will be squealing at some point. I'd find it embarrassing, but whatever. I owned up to this GH addiction a long time ago, and I'm over being sheepish about it. I cherish my guilty pleasures.

And speaking of guilty pleasures...

My Chemical Romance
I know what you're going to say. They're totally emo, they're all about teen angst, they write songs about vampires and death and stuff...but I can't help it. I am completely in love with their sound. I love the songs, the lyrics, the band members (did you know lead singer and songwriter Gerard Way has an award-winning comic series? He draws the album covers, too) the whole rebellious, pop-punk, tongue-in-cheek, over-the-top ethos of it all. Either 'Teenagers' or 'Welcome to the Black Parade' were what first sucked me in, but now it feels like I get obsessed with a new song every day. Right now it's 'I'm Not Okay.' I can't wait to see if this affects my writing at all--watch for the next trilogy to be extremely dramatic and grandiose, and people entirely by pale boys in wacky eye makeup.


My Chemical Romance-Im Not Okay (I Promise)

Torn | MySpace Video

2 comments:

That tea sounds really good. Email me the deets? Thanks, love you, mean it.

It's awesome. Here's where I ordered it from Amazon, but they might have it at a grocery store near you! I used to be able to get it before the nice store around here closed down.

http://www.amazon.com/Sweet-Leaf-Honey-Green-Bottle/dp/B001RBZ6MI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=grocery&qid=1269884181&sr=8-1

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Widget_logo
 

Home | The Author | The Books | News | Blog | Video | Contact

Copyright 2009 LouisaEdwards.com - All rights reserved.