Link to Hompage
The Author Button - Main Navigation The Books Button - Main Navigation Video Button - Main Navigation Contact Button - Main Nagivation

Thursday, October 21, 2010

This is Thriller

One of my favorite things about my new hometown, Austin, is the Alamo Drafthouse Cinema. This local chain of theaters not only serves an extensive menu, plus beer and wine, at your seat, they also host fun events like quotealongs, where you say the lines along with your favorite movies like Spaceballs and Shaun of the Dead; Master Pancake shows, where a comedy group provides hilarious commentary, a la Mystery Science Theater 3K, and singalongs.

Tonight, I'm going to my first singalong! They've done Pop Princess and Diva singalongs before, as well as Grease and other movie musicals--all of which I'd probably be better at. But the one tonight is a Michael Jackson singalong, and I'm going! Supposedly, they show videos with the words at the bottom of the screen, so you don't have to be a huge, rabid fan to have a good time. Plus, I think they might be teaching us the entire Thriller dance, in honor of Halloween! Here's hoping, anyway.

I'll try to snap some pictures--apparently, costumes are optional but encouraged, and some people go All Out, which I can't wait to see.

I've had Remember the Time stuck in my head for two days, so we'd better sing that one. What's your favorite Michael Jackson song?

5 comments:

I looooove the Alamo Drafthouse! ALSO, I just went to a Sound of Music sing-a-long here in NYC. There were many people dressed in dirndls and lederhosen. AWESOME.

Smooth Criminal is one of my favorite songs.

Human Nature.

What a fun concept! You know I lived in Austin from 91-95, but don't remember hearing about this place.

There had better be pictures!!! Have fun! I actually like Smooth Criminal.

I just read the draft of the Violet character in your book that you were so nice to let us read now. It was great and can't wait for it to come out. I have read all three of the recipe for love books and love them. But you said something about "Too Hot to Handle", and "Spring Fever", where can I read them or get them? Look forward to more great books from you. Hope your move was smooth.

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Widget_logo
 

Home | The Author | The Books | News | Blog | Video | Contact

Copyright 2009 LouisaEdwards.com - All rights reserved.