Link to Hompage
The Author Button - Main Navigation The Books Button - Main Navigation Video Button - Main Navigation Contact Button - Main Nagivation

Friday, July 8, 2011

The Bounty of Summer

I have a confession to make: I'm addicted to farmer's markets. It's true! If I could go every day (and if we could possibly eat enough produce to keep any from going to waste) I'd be thrilled. As it is, I make it about once a week. Lately I've been buying fresh eggs, local peaches, swiss chard with pretty rainbow stems, tiny little shallots, and the sweetest, juiciest tomatoes imaginable.

Peaches are Mr. Louisa's favorite fruit, next to strawberries. I'd probably have to go with raspberries, myself, but peaches are right up there. As for vegetables, it changes with the seasons. In summer? I can't get enough tomatoes. It's like my body is craving them! (And yeah, I know they're technically a fruit. But come on, do you really think of them that way when you slice them up with fresh mozzarella and basil and drizzle them with balsamic vinaigrette?)

So what's your favorite fruit and vegetable?

2 comments:

For sure it's watermelon hands down. I even love the sound they make when you make that first slice and they are perfectly ripe & juicy & the scent goes through the house.

Got distracted & forgot my veggie.
I know tomatoes are actually a fruit but we don't eat them as. I'm a salad junkie (can't tell by by butt size LOL) and I love getting herbs from our garden & for salads & for BBQing. My fave is lemon basil. I rarely use regular basil anymore. The lemon one has the taste & power but seems lighter. I guess herbs are veggies?

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Widget_logo
 

Home | The Author | The Books | News | Blog | Video | Contact

Copyright 2009 LouisaEdwards.com - All rights reserved.